November Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 106,000 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in November 2017.
In the dataset, you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether it is new build or not and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
|Property type||November 2017||October 2017||September 2017|
Of the 106,412 sales received for registration in November 2017:
- 79,133 were freehold, a 10.3% increase on November 2016
- 13,095 were newly built, a 5.2% increase on November 2016
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
Of the 106,142 sales received for registration, 30,458 took place in November 2017 of which:
- 489 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over;
- 293 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over;
- four were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for £1 million and over; and
- one was of a residential property in Cardiff for £1 million.
The most expensive residential sale in November 2017 was of a semi-detached property in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea for £13m. The cheapest residential sale in November 2017 was of a terraced property in Burnley, Lancashire for £15,000.
The most expensive commercial sale in November 2017 was in Solihull, West Midlands for £73,900,000. The cheapest commercial sales in November 2017 were in Islington, Cambridge, Fenland, Redbridge and Southend on Sea, each for £100.
Kindly shared by HM Land Registry