March 2018 Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 90,000 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in March 2018.
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether it is new build or not and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
|Property type||March 2018||February 2018||January 2018|
Of the 90,284 sales received for registration in March 2018:
- 65,558 were freehold, a 3.4% decrease on March 2017; and
- 16,355 were newly built, a 10% increase on March 2017.
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
Of the 90,284 sales received for registration, 25,075 took place in March 2018 of which:
- 463 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over;
- 275 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over;
- 1 was of a residential property in Birmingham for £1 million and over; and
- 4 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for £1 million and over.
The most expensive residential sale taking place in March 2018 was of a detached property in the Barnet, Greater London for £15,000,000. The cheapest residential sale in March 2018 was of a terraced property in Bishop Auckland, County Durham for £20,000.
The most expensive commercial sale taking place in March 2018 was in the City of London, for £154,000,000. The cheapest commercial sale in March 2018 was in Bury St Edmonds for £100.
Kindly shared by HM Land Registry