February 2020 Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 78,000 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in February 2020.
In February 2020:
- the most expensive residential property sold was in Kensington and Chelsea for £13,000,000
- the cheapest residential property sold was in Ferryhill, County Durham for £17,600
- the most expensive commercial property sold was in Islington for £68,414,761
- the cheapest commercial sales were in Wandsworth and Bexley for £100
- there was a 26.2% decrease in newbuilds compared with February 2019
Of the 78,243 sales received for registration 17,049 took place in February of which:
- 315 were of residential properties in England for more than £1 million
- 187 were of residential properties in Greater London for more than £1 million
- 1 was of a residential property in West Midlands for more than £1 million
- 4 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for more than £1 million
- none were for residential properties in Wales for more than £1 million
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
Of the 78,243 sales received for registration in February 2020:
- 59,365 were freehold, a 2.5% decrease on February 2019
- 11,918 were newly built, a 26.2% decrease on February 2019
|Property type||February 2020||January 2020||December 2019|
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether or not it is new build and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
Kindly shared by HM Land Registry