December Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 76,300 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in December 2017.
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette or other), whether it is new build or not and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
|Property type||December 2017||November 2017||October 2017|
Of the 76,327 sales received for registration in December 2017:
- 56,161 were freehold, a 13.5% decrease on December 2016; and
- 9,854 were newly built, a 22.4% increase on December 2016.
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
Of the 76,327 sales received for registration, 18,974 took place in December 2017 of which:
- 335 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over;
- 180 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over;
- 3 were of residential properties in Birmingham for £1 million and over;
- 3 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for £1 million and over; and
- no sales of residential properties in Cardiff for £1 million and over.
The most expensive residential sale taking place in December 2017 was of a terraced property in the City of Westminster for £10,075,000. The cheapest residential sale in December 2017 was of a terraced property in Llanelli for £15,000.
The most expensive commercial sale taking place in December 2017 was in Walthamstow, for £33,809,500. The cheapest commercial sales in December 2017 were in Tunbridge Wells, Chigwell and Welwyn Hatfield, for £100.
Kindly shared by HM Land Registry