August 2019 Price Paid Data published by HM Land Registry
The August 2019 Price Paid Data figures published by HM Land Registry show the most expensive residential property and the cheapest.
The most expensive residential sale taking place in August 2019 was of a flat in City of Westminster for £16,500,000. The cheapest residential sale in August 2019 was of a flat in Sunderland for £18,500.
The most expensive commercial sale taking place in August 2019 was in Southwark for £129,300,000. The cheapest commercial sale in August 2019 was in St. Helens for £105.
Of the 93,574 sales received for registration 30,595 took place in August 2019 of which:
- 743 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over;
- 410 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over;
- 5 were of residential properties in West Midlands for more than £1 million;
- 6 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for more than £1 million; and
- 1 was of a residential property in Wales for more than £1 million.
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 93,500 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in August 2019.
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
Of the 93,574 sales received for registration in August 2019:
- 72,806 were freehold, a 4.5% decrease on August 2018; and
- 12,411 were newly built, a 7.9% increase on August 2018.
|Property type||August 2019||July 2019||June 2019|
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether it is new build or not and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
Kindly shared by HM Land Registry