August 2018 Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 99,750 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in August 2018.
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether it is new build or not and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
|Property type||August 2018||July 2018||June 2018|
Of the 99,765 sales received for registration in August 2018:
- 76,239 were freehold, a 2% increase on August 2017; and
- 11,504 were newly built, a 60% increase on August 2017.
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
- Of the 99,765 sales received for registration, 28,423 took place in August 2018 of which:
557 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over;
- 317 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over;
- 6 were of residential properties in West Midlands for more than £1 million; and
- 4 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for more than £1 million.
The most expensive residential sale taking place in August 2018 was of a detached property in Camden, London for £11,450,000. The cheapest residential sale in August 2018 was a terraced property in Shildon, County Durham for £21,000.
The most expensive commercial sale taking place in August 2018 was in Tower Hamlets, London for £99,750,000. The cheapest commercial sale in August 2018 was in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire for £150.
Kindly shared by HM Land Registry